Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1 tablespoon corn or peanut oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons peanuts or cashews, chopped
5 cups fresh chickweed, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Heat a wok over high heat and swirl in the oil.
2. Add the onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add the nuts and toss for 20 seconds.
4. Add the chickweed and ginger. Sprinkle the soy sauce over the greens and toss them just until they become bright green (about 30 seconds).
5. Remove the wok from the heat, spoon the chickweed over the steamed rice, and serve.
The Neighborhood Forager: A Guide for the Wild Food Gourmet, by Robert K. Henderson.