Stir-Fried Broccoli & Mushroom
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
500g (1lb) broccoli (calabrese or purple sprouting)
500g (1lb) mushrooms
250g (8oz) carrots
1 bunch spring onions
1 galic clove
4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sherry (optional)
1 tbsp sesame oil
1. Cut the broccoli into small florets and slice the stems. Finely slice the mushrooms and cut the carrots into matchsticks.
2. Chop the sping onions, crush the garlic and stir-fry in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add the broccoli and carrots and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the mushrooms (add extra oil if necessary) and fry for 2 minutes more.
4. Add the soy sauce and sherry and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the sesame oil, season with pepper and remove from heat.
5. Serve with rice or noodles.
This recipe from 'Green Cuisine - The Organic Vegetable Cookbook' by Anna Ross