Buttercup squash is my new fall favourite. The texture is smooth and soft...almost velvety.
I made up this recipe about 3 weeks ago and I've made it at least 5 times. No complaints yet.
Buttercup squash Rosti
1 buttecup squash - whole DO NOT CUT IT
3 tbs milk or milk substitute
1 egg (optional)
1-2 cloves of garlic minced
1/4 cup onions minced
2 tbs flour (chickpea is a great GF option or all-purpose)
salt and pepper to taste
coconut oil for frying
1. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
2. Place whole squash on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Roast until you can easily prick with a fork. About an hour.
3. Allow to cool, then slice in half, remove seeds and peel skin. Place chunks of squash in mixmaster bowl.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and mix. The squash mix should be batter like.
5. In a skillet, melt oil and brush sides of pan. Add all of the squash to the hot pan and press out so it fills the pan and is even.
6. Cook on low/medium heat until sides crisp. About 20 minutes.